Thoughts for 2012
I'm a really goal-oriented person. i like to have something that my mind is set on and I'm definitely the sort of woman that approaches life by saying - here's the goal and this is what I need to do to achieve it. I don't really believe in impossibilities, just really big challenges that I'm determined to break through. Some people say I work too much - but I like my work and in addition to the other blessings in my life, I get a lot of satisfaction from a prosperous career. Last year I had certain press goals in mind, places I wanted to visit, new industry people I wanted to collaborate with. I thought in the spirit of resolutions I'd share a few things on this year's career wish-list:
1. Photograph a wedding at Blue Hill Farm. It looks like Ireland but it's in NY and I love the whole vibe of this place.
2. Spend some time working on a food portfolio.
3. Spend a week photographing in the Cotswalds. Thatcher and I will rent a car and wander around picture-postcard English towns. Small Cottage, Local Pub, Done.
3. Photograph an amazing fashion look book.
4. Keep my website updated. Blog more for that matter.
5. Photograph for a cookbook...luminous overhead shots of really beautiful food.
6. Learn to sew custom linens for my still life shoots.
7. See my work in Town & Country.
8. Photograph more for myself. Maybe it means taking an extra day to explore Ireland when we're they're in May not because I want landscape shots for a wedding album, or I need to scout, but just because I'm there and why not!? Or maybe it's just photos of some really gorgeous greens at the farmers market because not every image needs a purpose. Sometimes it's fine just to stop and acknowledge the beauty in the quiet days in your life. I'm going to do more of that. It's hard to rival the beauty of a wedding day, but perhaps I'll try.